Children’s Triathlon age group events and adult’s regional championship Aquathlon
Writtle university college 16th July 2017
- Discovery Tri’s – Children’s open water triathlon, staged at Writtle University College is to be included in the Triathlon England Eastern Region league.
- Discovery Triathlon have continued their partnership with Writtle University College and with valued support from Triathlon England Eastern region and event sponsors Discovery are excited to bring the Eastern Regions only open water and tarmac cycle circuit triathlon in the children’s race series.
- Furthermore Discovery triathlon are to stage the East Region’s first Adults Championship open water Aquathlon event. The adults Aquathlon which will start the day’s proceedings. So any Enthusiastic parents or coaches / beginners or veterans please take up the challenge.
- With the co-operation of local residents, the children’s event uses a small section of public road, which is closed for the duration of the event. The remainder of the course is within the grounds of Writtle University college, utilising the College’s cycle ways and the stunning lake backdrop which is a classified nature reserve.
- The Writtle lake is set in a natural bowl with high steeped banks providing sheltered swimming conditions. The water quality has in recent years received the associated certification for water bathing, the water will be tested in advance of the event and the associated certification displayed on the day.
The event order of proceedings will be generally as follows : – Subject to changes on the day
Adults Aquathlon – Approx start time 9.00 am
Tristart Duathlon – Approx. start time 12.00pm
Tristar T1, T2, T3 & Youth to follow
The Tristart Duathlon shall consist of a mixed surface ( Grass & Tarmac ) run – followed by a tarmac out and back cycle circuit and finishing with a mixed surface run ( Grass & Tarmac ).
The Tristar triathlon shall consist of an open water swim followed by a tarmac cycle circuit and final run discipline on the grass course around the lake.
Distances are according to age as indicated on the following pages, the distances denoted are in line with British triathlon race guidelines for children’s races.
The race is open to beginners as well as experienced competitors.
ADULTS REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AQUATHLON
The first Eastern region’s Adults Championship Aquathlon shall consist of a testing 750m Open water swim followed by a 5 k tarmac out and back run which takes place on the Colleges closed road cycle pathways.
This event has the full backing of the Eastern region committee who are committed to recognising the aquathlon format as an individual competition.
It is hoped that this one off championship event can flourish in future years to recognise the athletes which enjoy and excell at the swim and run format.
Distances are as indicated in the table below the event is a typical age group British triathlon event. The race is open to beginners as well as experienced competitors.
Childrens Race Distances
Adult Race Distances
HOW TO ENTER
- Event entry for both the children age group events and the Adult’s Aquathlon is via the British Triathlon event entry system.
- Race Entry fee’s and event website addresses are as follows :-
Children’s Tristarts Duathlon
£12 – With Triathlon England Membership Cards
£13 – Non -Triathlon England Members ( Includes £1 race license insurance )
Children’s Tristars Triathlon
£22 – With Triathlon England Membership Cards
£23 – Non -Triathlon England Members ( Includes £1 race license insurance )
Adults Regional Championship Aquathlon
£18 – With Triathlon England Membership Cards
£21 – Non -Triathlon England Members ( Includes £3 race license insurance )
Entries to the event will open at 0030 hrs on Sunday 1st Jan 2017 – Last Entries accepted up 1200 hrs on the 30th June 2017.
Withdrawals from the event will be accepted up to 18th June 2017 and money returned (less £5 administration charge).
Race instructions will be published online and emailed to 2 weeks prior to the event to give you an idea of what to expect on the day.
If you have any further questions please forward all enquiries via email to Ash Nicholson (Race Director) at membership @discoverytri.co.uk.
WRITTLE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Writtle University College has good road communication links please see the following Map for instructions or visit the website link below :-
There is ample parking available on site to the rear of the College – Traffic Marshalls will provide guidance on your arrival to the event’s designated parking allocation.
For directions to Writtle college are as detailed below.