Discovery Tri – Junior & Youth Triathlon 2019
Children’s Triathlon age group events
Writtle university college 7th July 2019
Please keep checking here for updates:
|Date of event||7Th July 2019|
|Location of Event||Writtle University College –Lordship Road – Writtle – Chelmsford – Essex – CM1 3RR|
|Time registration will open||Opens 0800 hrs – Closes 0900 Hrs|
|Date and time entries will be accepted||Entries to open January 1st 2019 – 0700hrs|
|A direct link to your event on the entry platform you are using.||Need A Direct Link to entry platform – Probably British Triathlon|
|Event actual race distances for each age group||See attached tables|
|Confirmation if bike and run are tarmac or grass.||Open water Swim – 95 % Tarmac Bike 5 % Grass – Run Grass circuit|
- Discovery Tri’s – Children’s open water triathlon, staged at Writtle University College is to be included in the Triathlon England Eastern Region league.
- Discovery Triathlon have continued their partnership with Writtle University College and with valued support from Triathlon England Eastern region and event sponsors Discovery are excited to bring the Eastern Regions only open water and tarmac cycle circuit triathlon in the children’s race series.
- With the co-operation of local residents, the children’s event uses a small section of public road, which is closed for the duration of the event. The remainder of the course is within the grounds of Writtle University college, utilising the College’s cycle ways and the stunning lake backdrop which is a classified nature reserve.
- The Writtle lake is set in a natural bowl with high steeped banks providing sheltered swimming conditions. The water quality has in recent years received the associated certification for water bathing, the water will be tested in advance of the event and the associated certification displayed on the day.
The Tristart Duathlon shall consist of a mixed surface ( Grass & Tarmac ) run – followed by a tarmac out and back cycle circuit and finishing with a mixed surface run ( Grass & Tarmac ).
The Tristar triathlon shall consist of an open water swim followed by a tarmac cycle circuit and final run discipline on the grass course around the lake.
Distances are according to age as indicated on the following pages, the distances denoted are in line with British triathlon race guidelines for children’s races.
The race is open to beginners as well as experienced competitors.
Childrens Race Distances
Adult Race Distances
HOW TO ENTER
- Event entry for both the children age group events is via the British Triathlon event entry system.
- Race Entry fee’s and event website addresses are as follows :-
Children’s Tristarts Duathlon
£12 – With Triathlon England Membership Cards
£13 – Non -Triathlon England Members ( Includes £1 race license insurance )
Children’s Tristars Triathlon
£22 – With Triathlon England Membership Cards
£23 – Non -Triathlon England Members ( Includes £1 race license insurance )
Withdrawals from the event will be accepted up to 18th June 2017 and money returned (less £5 administration charge).
Race instructions will be published online and emailed to 2 weeks prior to the event to give you an idea of what to expect on the day.
If you have any further questions please forward all enquiries via email to Ash Nicholson (Race Director) at membership @discoverytri.co.uk.
WRITTLE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Writtle University College has good road communication links please see the following Map for instructions or visit the website link below :-
There is ample parking available on site to the rear of the College – Traffic Marshalls will provide guidance on your arrival to the event’s designated parking allocation.
For directions to Writtle college are as detailed below.